Thank you for your interest in sharing your wisdom at Idea Girl Media!
What is a good fit to publish a guest post at ideagirlmedia.com?
Ultimately, our goal is to develop long-term relationships with individuals who are savvy in their niche that can offer quality insight and actionable tips for our readers.
We also like it when guest authors are motivated to answer comments on their articles! 🙂
Subject Categories We Will Consider:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Business Growth
- Content Marketing
- Gen-X Life
- Infographics Cafe
- Messages From The Midwest (USA)
- Ohio News
- Social Media Marketing
- Travel – Mobile Lifestyle
- Women, Wealth, and Wellness
We May Consider If Tied To The Categories Above:
What ARE We Looking For In Our Guest Authors?
- You are a real person, representing yourself.
- Social profile followings of 500 real followers or more.
- English fluency.
- Good command of the topic you’re writing about.
- You care about your online presence.
- You are a collaborator and believe in the win/win.
- You see yourself in a different position 5 years from now.
NOTE: Articles submitted by representatives of another individual WILL NOT be accepted as guest posts. See the Advertorials section below.
Examples of guest posts on our blog:
What Is NOT A Good Fit Here?
- Alias identities and stock photos as headshots.
- Hot social media news that will change in a few months.
- Poor grammar and text message abbreviations.
- Promotional marketing content.
- Material that could be construed as a link-building scheme.
- Foul language.
- Content that is critical, highly opinionated, or could be offensive.
- Links to downloads, sales pages, opt-ins, or marketing documents.
- Content run through a digital language translator.
Is an Advertorial what you’re looking for?
If you wish to publish something from a content team and link to business profiles on social media, you are probably looking for, what we call, an “advertorial.”
These are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and arranged separately. Please contact us here, with the words, “Advertorial Request,” in the subject title. ↓
- Original content. Period.
- 500 or more words of text.
- 100% permission to use any image included in a post.
- Material with a shelf-life. Evergreen.
- Optimization for a site-relevant keyword.
- Content that serves as a resource to brands and business owners.
- Articles friends, colleagues, and even your grandmother would want to share.
- Well-formatted content.
- Full-color, thought-provoking images relating with the text. G & PG-13, please.
- Value for our readers. Links lead to information (not sales pages or opt-ins).
- Cover new ground. Show us something we have not already published about.
- Good grammar, varied sentence length, correct spelling, and sensible paragraph structure.
It’s Also Nice If…
- Outbound links within the post: 2-3 unless otherwise discussed.
- Ideally the post will have a relating image for each 500 words.
- Want to use your own images? Groovy (as long as their eye-pleasing).
- Post should be in a Word document formatted in the way you envision the post appearing when published.
A Few More Things
- Each submission is reviewed and approved or denied, as best fits.
- The person that contacts us is the individual listed as the author. Don’t tell us that YOU would like to submit a post, and then submit a post with someone else’s name on it. NOT cool – We’ll reject it!
- Articles obviously sent through a language translator will be rejected.
- Author bios are about the author, not about a business or profession.
- Website links are not allowed in author bios (we offer links within your article).
- We reserve the right to edit slightly for SEO & style of blog.
- Posts less than 500 words are not of high interest.
- Video is okay, but we reserve the right not to embed it. Please link to the video in the Word document.
- If you’ve followed the guidelines above, we would work toward the most optimal publish date for the content.
- Publish date may not be immediate, but our goal is to publish qualifying posts in a timely manner.
- We would plan to share the post frequently in the first week, and into the future, offering you credit and exposure for your work.
- We hope you would share the post with enthusiasm as well. 🙂
- Content placed at Idea Girl Media should not be duplicated later at any other locations online without permission.
NOTE: We have had a lot of requests for guest posts, so we are often 4-8 weeks from a publish date. Following the guidelines WILL decrease your wait time.
If you can live with the above, and it a mutually good fit, we would stay open to future blog post submissions or similar collaborative projects.
For us, it’s about the relationship. We would hope when we hit publish our contact does not end. 🙂
Idea Girl Media Guest Post Quick Checklist
Have you completed all of the items below?
- 500 words or more original text that fit our blog categories and topics
- Title, subtitle, and the keyword you optimized for
- Up to 2-3 external links that are NOT sales pages, opt-ins, or marketing documents
- You have 100% permission to use all of your included images
- Your headshot – NO stock images
- Author bio about YOU with up to 2 social profile links
- Best email address to contact you
- The link to your website
- 3 links to previously published articles noting you as the author
We look forward to seeing your guest post submission. Thank you for your interest in writing for Idea Girl Media!
Should we talk some more? Submit your Post