Everyone wants to know how to make business travel easier. Especially when you’re headed to a new location. Here are insightful tips for Seattle area travelers…
Business Travel Tips To Optimize Your Trip To Seattle And The Surrounding Area
Once you have booked your business trip to Seattle, it is time to start planning so that you can make the most out of your time in this beautiful city. Surrounded by both water and towering mountain ranges, this idyllic paradise offers a host of things to do when you are not in your meetings.
Here are a few helpful tips for business travel to the Seattle Area…
Pack For The Weather
Seattle is known for its rainy and dreary climate. Although it is true that the city is covered in gray skies for a lot of the year, the summer and early fall months offer spectacular weather with sunny skies and warm temperatures.
The most important thing to remember when traveling to Seattle is to pack layers. While the climate is mostly moderate, there are times that you might want to bundle up and then shed the layers if the sun makes an appearance – all in the same day. A light rain jacket will be your best friend while enjoying the Emerald City.
Location, Location, Location
Seattle is a large metropolitan area with many hotels to choose from. Because the city does not utilize a large public transportation system, it is important to choose your hotel location so that it is convenient to the business you are conducting.
If your work takes you near the Washington Convention Center, choosing a hotel in the downtown area will put you right in the middle of the action. The Paramount Hotel is a trendy boutique hotel located within walking distance of the convention center. If you want convenient access to both downtown Seattle and the charm of the city’s Eastside, a hotel in Bellevue will give you the best of both worlds.
The Hyatt House Seattle/Bellevue boasts a central location right in the heart of the region. The complimentary breakfast and business center make it the perfect choice for business travel:
- Attending an industry conference
- Meeting up with niche collaborators
- Setting out for days of sales calls
- A stop-over before housesitting in the region
Whatever takes you to the beautiful northwest as a business professional working from your laptop!
Out And About
Be sure to plan some time to get out and enjoy all that this Pacific Northwest gem destination has to offer.
Here are a few ideas to get you started when planning your travel itinerary:
- MOHAI: The Museum of History and Industry provides a fascinating look into the history of Seattle. It is conveniently located along the scenic shores of Lake Union.
- Snoqualmie Falls: When you want to escape the hustle and bustle of the city, head east toward the Cascade Mountains to enjoy the majesty of Snoqualmie Falls. You can even hike down to the bottom to get up close and personal with the power of nature.
- Downtown Bellevue: This vibrant downtown area boasts a bevy of unique shopping and dining options, designed to appeal to any taste and preference.
Don’t Forget – Mother Nature Rules
If you plan on connecting with Mother Nature through one of the numerous hiking opportunities, be sure that you are equipped with the proper tools and equipment. A sturdy pair of hiking boots or shoes is a must.
Also, be sure to bring a compass and map. You should not rely on cell phone service as a navigation tool because coverage gets spotty as you ascend into the mountains.